Bishop Vincent Logan RIP


I was sad to hear of the death of Bishop Vincent Logan.  Bishop Vincent served the people of the Diocese of Dunkeld well for many years.  He was a well-known figure in the civic life of Dundee.  He had a long-standing interest in education.  From my time as the National Secretary for Justice and Peace Scotland  I know that Bishop Vincent was committed to justice and peace.  Taking a strong line for example on the miners' strike and also calling for fairness in world trade when the G8 met at Gleneagles - indeed he wrote to all the members of the G8 welcoming them to the Diocese and asking that they make the effort to make poverty history.


Cutting from Justice and Peace Magazine 2005


On a personal note, Bishop Vincent was very supportive and helpful when I was researching for my doctorate, which was on Irish migration to Dundee.  Bishop Vincent was able to get me access to documents and books which helped with that study.  I want to thank him for his help and encouragement.

I want to pass on my condolences to Bishop Vincent's family and friends and to the people of the Diocese of Dunkeld, may he rest in peace.