Royal Mail Collection Centre Baird Avenue Experiences

Tonight at the West End Community Council it was decided that the next meeting in April will be about the on-going problems caused by the decision of Royal Mail to move their collection centre away from Crichton Street in the city centre. The new centres are at Edward Street for the DD1 postcode area and Baird Avenue for the DD2 postcode area. I have made clear my unhappiness with these changes previously.

For people like me who actually live in the West End ward in the DD2 area it seems daft that I have to travel, often past Edward Street, to the north of the Kingsway to Baird Avenue. This is a nuisance but for someone like me who has access to a car not impossible but Baird Avenue is very poorly served by public transport. I also have a great deal of concerns about the access arrangements at Baird Avenue, I have some doubts about whether they meet minimum standards.

The meeting of the Community Council will take place on Tuesday 10th April at 7pm in Logie and St John's (Cross) Parish Church Hall.

It is important that we put concrete examples of the problems which have been caused by these changes. Lots of people have already told me about their concerns. I am keen to find out more, if you have had problem with this new service please get in touch with me, email me on richard@richardmccready.org.uk I want to hear from you, and I will raise your concerns with Royal Mail.