Unhappy at Royal Mail moves

I'm really unhappy at moves to close the Royal Mail enquiry office at Crichton Street (where people in the West End can pick up parcels and letters etc.) and move its services to Edward Street and to Baird Avenue. The moves mean that DD1 customers can pick up parcels from Edward Street and DD2 and DD3 customers will pick up their parcels from Baird Avenue. Edward Street is in the West End ward but these moves mean that people who live in the DD2 postcode in the West End ward, like me, will have to travel across the Kingsway to Baird Avenue to pick up mail.


I am really disappointed that Royal Mail have made this decision. I think that it is wrong. A city centre presence, in Crichton Street, made sense to me. I accept that the shop at Crichton Street required some work to bring it up to modern day standards but I do not think that this was beyond the Royal Mail. Crichton Street has excellent links to public transport, the same cannot be said for the new locations.



It is farcical that someone like me who lives in the West End would have to travel past the Dundee Central delivery office in Edward Street and end up at Baird Avenue to pick up parcels.



I will be seeking a meeting with the Royal Mail to raise my concerns and I have written to Vince Cable, the UK Government minister in the Tory- Lib Dem Coalition responsible for the Royal Mail highlighting my concerns.