Council to Lobby for jobs

When the Scottish Government announced that it planned to merge Learning and Teaching Scotland with Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education I expressed the hope that at the very least jobs already based in Dundee stay in Dundee. I am pleased that Dundee City Council is to lobby for jobs associated with Learning and teaching and Scotland and Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education to remain in Dundee after the proposed merger of these organisations in July next year.

I am pleased that the Chief Executive of the City Council will be making representations to the Scottish Government to make the case to retain these jobs in Dundee. Dundee does not have its fair share of Scottish Government jobs I would be hugely disappointed if the city lost some of those which are already here. Dundee is a main centre for Learning and teaching Scotland, if this merger goes ahead I want to see a main centre for the new body in Dundee. In the current economic climate promoting jobs must be the top priority.


Please find below a copy of the response which I have received from Dundee City Council Chief Executive David Dorward:
'Thank you for your e-mail. I plan to write to the Scottish Government next week asking that the amalgamated new body continue to have their main offices in Dundee.