Under-21 Matches at Tannadice Good News - How about a full international?


I am delighted that Tannadice Park will host Scotland Men's Under-21 internationals in November.  I've been calling on the Scottish Football Association to bring matches to Dundee for some time.  I want the SFA to consider playing a full men's international match in Dundee for the first time since 1936.


It is fantastic news that Scotland will be playing competitive men's Under-21 international football matches in Dundee.  This is great news for the city.  It does give the chance to showcase our city to an international audience.  I was pleased to be at the last under-21 match played in the city back in 2014.  There were problems getting in to the ground for kick-off because it was so popular with the people of Dundee.  I am looking forward to Scotland taking on Kazakhstan and Belgium and want to wish the Scotland team good luck for these games.

I know the men's international team has been doing well recently and that attendances are up, but I still think that it is high time that Scotland looked to play a full international match in Dundee.  Scotland played Wales at Dens Park in 1936. Eighty-five years later it is time for Dundee to get another match.  I know that Hampden Park is the home of Scottish football.  I also know that in recent years Scotland have played matches at other stadia in Glasgow, in Aberdeen, in Edinburgh and in Kilmarnock.  I think that it is good that fans around the country get the chance to see the Scotland team, but it does seem to be a shame that Dundee missed out.  I am writing to the Chief Executive of the SFA asking them to consider Scotland playing matches in Dundee in the future.

The pictures on this post show action from Scotland v Hungary in 2014 as well as reports from the Courier & Advertiser and the Evening Telegraph  of the last time Scotland played a full international in Dundee.  This includes the advert that advices you to 'where to dine' before the match with the Cafe Val D'Or in the City Square being one of the suggestions.