Support for Michelin workforce

As Labour’s City Development spokesperson in Dundee I am calling on the city to work together to protect jobs at the Michelin factory in Dundee.

I was disappointed to hear the news that jobs were under threat at the Michelin Factory in Dundee. The whole city must unite behind this factory and its workforce and look for ways to support the retention of as many jobs as possible.

I will be speaking to officers from the City Council to make sure that the company and the workforce receive as much support from the council as is possible. I will be looking to meet with the trade unions to discuss what can be done to support the jobs at Michelin. I will also seek to work with the company to hear about anything that Dundee City Council, the Scottish or UK Governments can do to assist the factory.

Protecting these jobs must become a priority for everyone with the best interests of our city at heart. I call on all elected representatives to work together to protect these jobs.