Welcome for Civil Service Jobs for Dundee



Jenny Marra MSP's letter calling for these jobs to come to Dundee
As Dundee Labour's City Development spokesperson I have welcomed the announcement by the Scottish Government of Civil Service jobs coming to Dundee with Scottish Benefits Agency coming to Dundee.


My priority for Dundee is jobs.  Along with the Labour Group I will work with anyone to ensure that good quality sustainable jobs are brought to Dundee or kept in Dundee.  The Scottish Benefits Agency coming to Dundee is something that my colleague Jenny Marra MSP has been calling for and I am glad that her call has been supported.


This is the first new Civil Service jobs to come to Dundee in ten years and it is good that the SNP-led Scottish Government has finally delivered on its campaign from 2003 and 2007.  It is good that this has eventually led to jobs coming to Dundee.


I have been calling for Civil Service jobs to be relocated to Dundee since I was elected.  Indeed when I work for former Dundee East MP John McAllion it was one of our big campaigns.


We are keen to work to ensure that these jobs become a reality before too long.  Labour in Dundee will work with the council and the Scottish Government to ensure that Dundonians receive a pay packet from the Scottish Benefits Agency before too long.


I look forward to these jobs coming to Dundee and I hope that they are the first of many jobs for our city.