One World Centre AGM


On Wednesday I was pleased to be able to get along to the Annual General Meeting of the One World Centre.  I was pleased to be able to support this excellent organisation.

It was good to hear about work which they have been involved in which has helped the integration of refugees in our community.

Our city was built on international trade and it is important that we understand that we are truly part of one world and that we should act accordingly.

I want to pay tribute to the work of Ann Gammack who has served as Convener of the One World Centre for the last five years.  In the annual report she says 'In our globalised world we can no longer build a wall around ourselves and shut out the rest of the world.'  I could not agree more.  My neighbours are the people of Dundee but they are also people around the whole world.

I will continue to campaign for change in the economic situation here is Dundee and around the world.