Supporting Earth Hour

Tonight I will be supporting Earth Hour by switching off the lights in my house.  Dundee City Council will also be supporting the event.

It is important that we take a stand against climate change.  Throughout my time on the council I have tried to be at the forefront of environmental campaigns.  I have campaigned to improve air quality in our city and in my local community.  I have campaigned to improve recycling.  I have campaigned to support greener cars.

I am committed to making Dundee a better place..

The Earth's atmosphere is warming fast. In some cases weather patterns, climates and natural environments are changing quicker than wildlife or people can adapt.

So many of the world's biggest existing challenges, from poverty to wildlife extinction to extreme weather, are made more difficult by climate change. We have the science, the technology and innovation to turn this around. 

Climate change impacts on the poorest people in society most.  We must all work together to protect our planet and our local communities.

You can find out more and sign up for Earth Hour at the WWF website.