WestFest - Well done to organisers - not so well done traffic wardens

I would like to congratulate the organisers of WestFest for yet another great day on Magdalen Green.  I was disappointed to see the event targeted by traffic wardens.

Yet again WestFest organised a great event on Magdalen Green today. Well done to everyone involved in the organisation of the event. It is great that so many people give up their own time to create such a great event for the entire community.  There were huge crowds there today and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I was pleased to give my constituents the chance to throw sponges at me to raise money for the restoration
n of the bandstand on Magdalen Green.  Many of them seemed to enjoy it!  I was surprised at how many of my
friends and relations were keen to donate to the restoration of the Magdalen Green bandstand!

I was disappointed that cars parked near the green were targeted by traffic wardens during the event. I recognise that there is a need for parking regulations but it seems wrong that people were targeted whilst attending a great community event today. I will be asking Dundee City Council to explain why this happened today.