Clean Air - Time for Action

I was disappointed to see three Dundee locations named in Friends of the Earth Scotland's research into the most polluted streets in Scotland.  These three areas Meadowside, Lochee Road and Seagate have previously been named as being seriously polluted.  I have tried to promote action on these areas and especially on the Lochee Road site as it is in my ward.

As many readers will know I moved against the plans for a Biomass plant in Dundee because I was concerned about the possible impact on air quality.  I know that the solutions for these sites are difficult but it is essential that we keep trying.  I will continue to work with officers to ensure that every effort is being made to ensure that improving air quality is a priority for the city council.

I will be looking to meet with Friends of the Earth Scotland and with officers of Dundee City Council to ensure that action is taken.

The people of Dundee deserve reassurance over air quality in the city.  We need action to promote clean air.