City Council Meeting 13 January 2014

The first meeting of the City Council and its various committees was held on Monday 13th January.  There was a relatively light agenda for the start of what will be an important political year.  I do hope that the SNP Administration will keep a focus on the job they have to do this year.  You can see the agendas for the meetings here.

I spoke in the Environment Committee where there was a proposal to improve the car park at the football pitches at the former St Saviour's High School site.  I am happy to support this work but I wanted to be reassured that the pitches there had a long-term future.  At the start of this week the pitches at St Saviour's were under water and I want to know that work is going on to ensure that this is going to rectified.  I was told that I will receive an update on this matter and I await that with interest.  We need to be sure that we are not wasting money and I hope that the pitches at St Saviour's are improved and that drainage improves soon.