Feast of Christ the King

On Sunday along with colleagues from the council, the Scottish Parliament, the House of Commons, Dundee's universities and many others I attended a special Mass at St Andrew's Cathedral in the Nethergate for the Feast of Christ the King.

Bishop Vincent Logan, the recently-retired Bishop of Dunkeld, thanked those of us who serve in public office for our service.  This is not something I look for, but it is welcome.  The sermon reminded us that we are elected to serve and that we should serve those most in need in society.  It is important that we work hard to be a voice for the voiceless in society.

As ever there was a really warm welcome from the parishioners of St Andrew's Cathedral and the music during the Mass was of the usual high standard.

I was disappointed that on Sunday evening I was unable to attend an event organised by Dundee Evangelical Christian Alliance at St Peter's Free Church.  I hope to meet with them at some point in the near future.