WestFest - Big Sunday


The picture shows the crowd at Magdalen Green enjoying Big Sunday
 On Sunday I had the pleasure along with many many others of attending WestFest opening event the Big Sunday on Magdalen Green.  Once again this was a really excellent event and it was good to see so many people enjoying themselves.  I remember attending the first meetings to plan the first WestFest over four years ago and to see what it has become in such a short space of time is remarkable.

There was something for all the family and a great atmosphere at the event.  There are events continuing all week and it is worth having a look at the programme.

I would like to say a very big well-done to everyone involved in putting together this great event, they have contributed greatly to the community in the West End and it is events like this that make Dundee an excellent candidate to be UK City of Culture 2017.

I was delighted to see my colleague Jenny Marra MSP at WestFest