Need for action on blacklisting

I've re-iterated my call for Dundee City Council to take action on blacklisting.  This comes after the House of Commons Scottish Affairs Select Committee published its interim report on blacklisting.  I'm looking for action from Dundee City Council to ensure that no company receiving a contract or money from Dundee City Council is operating a blacklist.  This is an issue that my trade union the GMB is very concerned about.
 
I welcome the report by the Scottish Affairs Select Committee and I wholeheartedly agree with them that the process of blacklisting is morally indefensible and that firms and individuals involved in this practice should have known this.  I have raised my concerns about Dundee City Council's position on this previously.  The council should use its considerable economic power for the good of local people.  It would be wrong if contracts from the council were going to companies which operate blacklists.  The council must take a genuine interest in the impact of any contracts it lets.
 
I have been told that  the council is waiting on the Scottish Government taking action on trade union rights in contracts and may well follow the Scottish Government's lead.  I am looking for action on this matter sooner rather than later.  In a free society you should never have your livelihood threatened because of your trade union activity or because you are keen on high standards of health and safety.
 
I will do all I can to ensure that there is no way that Dundee City Council could  be supporting blacklisting.  I look forward to action by the council sooner rather than later.
 
The Council's Head of Democratic and Legal Services recently replied to my concerns about Blacklisting by saying:
"I understand that the Scottish Government intend to ensure that contracts let by them will guarantee that workers will have a right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and bargain collectively and that employers will also be required to adopt an open attitude to trade unions and ensure that workers' representatives are not discriminated against.
We are liaising with the Scottish Government regarding these proposals and it would then be my intention to bring forward proposals for consideration with the Council."
 
I am looking for action soon on this issue.