Concern over rubbish and costs

I am concerned that clearing up after the travellers who have been in the city recently is costing Council Tax payers, with  a figure of £13,000 quoted for clearing up after travellers last week at the same time as the council is cutting services to council tax payers.

I am appalled at the mess being left by travellers. I am concerned that they have now moved to the West End.  I hope that appropriate action is taken to prevent a repetition of the mess left last week.
It is costing Dundee Council Tax Payers a fortune at the same time as the council's recycling service has become poorer due to cuts.  This is wrong.

We need the authorities to work together to find a solution to this problem.   It is wrong that these problems come around time after time.  Police and councils need powers to quickly move people on from unofficial  or inappropriate stopping places.  We need to ensure that people cannot behave in way which costs the council a fortune with impunity.  Everybody needs to be treated in the same way, I would be liable if I caused £13,000 worth of rubbish and so should anyone else.

I am also keen to know why travellers are not using the council maintained site.