Call for improved bus services in the West End

I welcome moves by Dundee City Council and National Express to produce better bus services.  I'm calling for improved services in the West End and called for services especially for the Logie Estate and the Pentland estate.

I welcome moves by the council and National Express to improve bus services in Dundee.

I want to see a service which links parts of the West End with Lochee.  I also want to see services for people in the Logie and Pentland estates.  Many local people have made the case to me about improved services.  It is important that for once the council and bus companies listen.

While these moves are welcome I think that there is a strong case for more regulation of bus services.  Bus companies should provide a service and should work in consultation with the local authorities and local communities to provide a service for local people.