West End Clean Up

Today along with a number of West End residents and my West End ward colleague Councillor Fraser Macpherson and the Environment Convener, Councillor Craig Melville I took part in the West End Clean Up.    It was good to see members of the Bonnie Dundee Group helping out.

I spent a very enjoyable hour or so trying to make a difference to the area around Greenmarket.  Whilst it was great to be part of such a good community event it was disappointing to see rubbish littered around this area.  There is no excuse for litter and I would urge everyone to think seriously about how they deal with their rubbish.

The event was pulled together by Trudy Cunningham from Dundee University, you can see her being interviewed on STV News with me and some of the other volunteers picking litter in the background here. (The item starts at 11.49)