Meeting with Friends of the Earth Tayside

This morning as Labour's Environment spokesperson I had a very productive meeting with Friends of the Earth Tayside.  It was very good to get the opportunity to listen to their concerns.  I was particularly interested to hear more about the recent Friends of  the Earth report on air pollution.  I have raised the matter in the council chamber and with council officers previously but I am clear that much more can be done.  I will be looking for council departments to work together and deliver changes which will go some way to delivering better air quality.

There were a number of other issues raised with me and which I will be looking for council officers to answer. I am clear that there is much more that we can do to protect the environment and that everytime the council does something that we should ask whether these plans are sustainable.  Within the Labour Party I support our environmental campaign SERA, it is important to recognise that social justice now requires environmental justice.