Good Luck to Scotland - Any Chance of Playing in Dundee?

I would like to wish Scotland all the very best of luck as they take on Estonia this evening.  I'm reiterating my call for Scotland to play an international match in Dundee. Scotland are playing in Aberdeen this evening and I think that there is a strong case for the international team to play in Dundee.

I hope that Scotland do well this evening. I would like to wish Gordon Strachan the best of luck as he starts out as Scotland manager tonight. I have been asking the SFA to consider playing a full international match, or even an under-21 match, in Dundee for some time. I am disappointed that there has been no movement on this.


Scotland have played a number of matches around Scotland over the last ten to fifteen years, playing in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and even Kilmarnock but they have not played a full international in Dundee since 1936.  That is so long ago that King Edward VIII was still the king at the time.
 
  I think that the Dundee is more than able to play host to an international friendly such as this evening’s. In the run up to the Commonwealth Games Hampden Park will be unavailable for football internationals and I think that Dundee should be a contender to host at least friendly matches.


As Dundee competes to be UK City of Culture in 2017 I think that one of the events which we should be looking to include in the year is at least one international football match.


I will be writing to the SFA asking that they consider bringing a full international match to Dundee before too long.