Concern over polluted streets

As Labour's Environment Spokesperson on Dundee City Council, I havecalled for action after research from Friends of the Earth Scotland highlighted that 4 of the 15 most polluted streets in Scotland are in Dundee.  The streets concerned are Lochee Road, Meadowside, Seagate and Whitehall Street.  I've raised my concerns with the council's Environment Department and I'm looking to see what can be done to alleviate this problem.  I am also seeking a briefing from Friends of the Earth Scotland about what they think should be done.
 
This research from Friends of the Earth Scotland is worrying.  We should all be concerned about air pollution and I hope that Dundee City Council is taking action to deal with this problem.  I am seeking a meeting with officers of the council to hear about the actions they will take to deal with this problem.  It is clear that collectively between the Scottish Government and local government there is a need for action to ensure that air pollution is tackled.  Providing a good environment for everyone and protecting the health of Dundonians should be a priority for everyone.env