Car Parking for Gate Church

I was a little disappointed to hear that people attending the Gate Church on the Perth Road have received parking fines from the University of Dundee for using the university's car park across the road from the church.

I will be contacting the University of Dundee about this matter.  I understand why the university wants to protect its car parking spaces but I think that it is important that the university interacts with the local community.  The University of Dundee is, on the whole, a good neighbour I hope that they might look at some way of making car parking spaces available on a Sunday which might help those attending services at the Gate Church as well as some other churches on the Perth Road.
I am very glad that Dundee University is making some movement on this issue and I hope that there might be a chance of a solution which suits everyone concerned.  You can read more about this here.