Ronnie McIntosh RIP

I was very sad to hear of the death of Ronnie McIntosh, Ronnie was the amputee who inspired so many people with his sporting endeavours and overcoming illness and disability to contribute so much to sport and to Dundee.

I met Ronnie on a number of occasions, mostly to do with sport.  I vividly remember speaking to him on the evening when the  Olympic flame came to Dundee last summer.  Ronnie was one of the torchbearers in Dundee.  He was delighted to have done this and it was a fitting tribute for him to play a part that evening.  I know that since then he had been keen to speak to young people about sport and achieving your potential, he spoke to my daughter's gymnastics club amongst others.  I also saw Ronnie present Kilmarnock with the Scottish League Cup last season and whilst I can't say that I was delighted with the result that day but I was delighted to see Ronnie presenting the trophy that day.

Ronnie was an inspiration to many and overcame many health problems I am sure that he will have a lasting legacy.  I would like to offer my condolences to all of Ronnie's family and friends.