Power Chair Football

I was really pleased to attend a taster session for power chair football in Dundee today.  I am a member of the committee of Dundee City Disability Sports and I was delighted to support this event.  It was good to be joined by my colleague Councillor Lesley Brennan, it was also good to see the event being supported by the Rotary Club of Dundee; finally I was delighted to see the event supported by Dundee United and to see Michael Gardyne supporting the event.

It was a really impressive session and I hope that it leads to a power chair football club being set up in Dundee.  The video above is from the Scottish Cup played last November in Glasgow.  On a day when it was being reported that the Paralympics had not led to an increase in disabled sport it was great to see young people interested in a new sport.  I hope that this is success and I would like to say well done to everyone who supported today's event.

A report on today's event is available on the Dundee City Disability Sports website if you are interested in taking part in power chair football or supporting it there are click on the link and get in touch.