Delighted at Decision to Remember Ronnie

As Labour's Environment Spokesperson on Dundee City Council I welcome the news that Dundee City Council is to rename Caird Park Stadium in honour of the late Ronnie McIntosh.  I have fully supported this move on behalf of my Labour Group colleagues.

I am delighted that the council has agreed to rename Caird Park Stadium in honour of Ronnie McIntosh.  I am delighted that they have listened to the public campaign to honour this man who inspired people here in Dundee and right across the country.  His death was really sad news; renaming Caird Park Stadium in his honour will be a fitting tribute.  The council also needs to look at the way it supports athletics and disability sport.  Finally I would like to say a very big well done to the Evening Telegraph for their excellent campaign.