Support Dundee Foodbank

I was really pleased when the City Council agreed to my colleague Kevin Keenan's amendment that we should donate £25,000 from the city's Common Good Fund to the Dundee Foodbank.  I have attended a number of presentations which have been made by the Dundee Foodbank and I have to say that I am very impressed by their work.  Some people might remember them featuring on the Channel 4 programme the Secret Millionaire.  My colleagues Laurie Bidwell, Jenny Marra and Claire Baker visited the Dundee Foodbank this week.  In the House of Commons this week there was a debate on foodbanks initiated by my Labour colleagues there.  It is important that the scandal of people being unable to provide food for their families is highlighted.

The Dundee Foodbank does an excellent job, it is a tragedy that their services are still required.  Whilst I will campaign along with others to ensure that everyone in this country has enough to provide the basic necessities of life I would also urge people to support the work of the foodbank.  You can find out more about the Dundee Foodbank by clicking their logo above.