West End Parking Consultation - Make Views Known

A map at the exhibition showing some extra detail (or not)
I've reiterated my call for West End residents and businesses to make their views known on the proposed residents' parking scheme.  On Monday I was at the well attended exhibition at Blackness Library to give residents more information about the scheme.


There was a good turnout at the meeting in Blackness Library but it represented only a small proportion of the people of the West End. I am very clear that everyone with a view on these proposals should make their views known. It is important that whatever the decision that is taken is in line with the views of the majority in the West End.


Many people at today's event were raising concerns about the proposals with me and it is important that each and every one of those concerns is fed back into council. As a local resident I am aware of some of the concerns that people have been raising, I know that people are concerned about the cost; about whether this will merely move the problem; about whether they can get visitors or deliveries; and about the impact on local businesses. I will certainly be expecting the report on the consultation to include these matters.


My message to the people of the West End is clear - make your voice heard - tell the council what you think about this important issue.