V & A Planning Application Approved -Development Management Committee


Tonight the City Council's Development Management Committee considered a few planning applications; I suspect that the one for the V & A at Dundee building will be the one with the longest lasting impact.  I welcome the approval of the V & A at Dundee's planning application. I think that this development will be a great one for the city. I look forward to work starting before too long and I hope that this will bring jobs to many local people. I also look forward to this iconic building providing a home for an iconic British institution in the heart of our city. I wish the project every success.

If you want to find out more about the V & A at Dundee building click on the picture and visit the V & A at Dundee website.


The Development Management Committee also considered a number of other applications, including deferring a decision on proposals for offices and a hotel in the Dunsinane Industrial Estate.  I was also pleased to see that the committee agreed the proposals to replace the lights within Baxter Park.  I was also concerned to see a report where an application was made to change a Section 75 consent on student accommodation just outside the West End.  Section 75 agreements allow the council to put conditions on future use of a building with the agreement of the developer and operator.  I am concerned that there appears to be a diminution of the effectiveness of Section 75 agreements.  In the West End Section 75 agreements have been used to limit flats being used as Housing in Multiple Occupation; I think that on the whole this has been good for the community in the West End.