Federation of Small Businesses Briefing

Along with a number of council colleagues I attended a briefing held by the Federation of Small Businesses Scotland.  It was a good opportunity to hear from the FSB and their members.  It is important that councillors listen to people in all sectors of the economy.  My Labour colleagues and I are committed to listening to the concerns of everyone in Dundee.

The council can do much to promote small business.  We need to make sure that we are doing all that we can to promote businesses.  It was good to hear about concerns about procurement by councils.  I will be raising this issue with the council.  The council should be making sure that its investment in goods and services delivers for the community in Dundee.  The council should be looking to deliver jobs and this can be done by investing in the local community.

Bringing jobs to Dundee and protecting jobs in Dundee is my top priority I know that jobs will bring prosperity to our city.