Dundee Flower & Food Festival

Helping at the Fairtrade Forum Stall
On Friday afternoon I was delighted to go to the Dundee Flower and Food Festival.  I was glad to see the festival on again this year after it was threatened with closure a couple of years ago by the council.  I was helping out at the Dundee Fairtrade Forum Stall.  It was good to get the opportunity to promote fairtrade and remind people at the festival that it is important to know how food was produced and to have a concern for the treatment of workers right across the world.

Colourful display from Len Jamieson and the National Vegetable Society
I also had the chance to visit many other parts of the festival and it was good to see so many people that I knew.  Given the weather this year it is remarkable that there was anything on display in the horticultural tents.  I was delighted to see Len Jamieson who does a great deal of good work in the West End with Community Spirit at his colourful vegetable display.  Len represents all that is good about the festival turning up year after year along with his fellow gardeners to show what can be done.

The Festival continues on Saturday and Sunday and is well worth a visit.  I hope it will go from strength to strength and I will continue to support it.  The festival is popular with Dundonians and also attracts many many visitors to the city.

I hope that the weather is good for the weekend.