Derelict Buildings

I  welcome moves by Dundee City Council to deal with the problems of derelict buildings. I am aware of a number of buildings in the West End which are derelict and which are not being properly looked after by their owners.
I am pleased to see the council listening to representations which people like me have been making and taking action on this issue. I understand that these are difficult times economically and that property owners may not have the money to redevelop their properties but they should be making sure that they do not deteriorate. The council must be vigilant we must ensure that no property owner uses dereliction as a means of getting planning permission. In the West End I am happy to pass on the details of properties which constituents have concerns about to this new group to make sure that appropriate action is taken.
 
You can read about the City Council's proposals here.