Appalled at Vandalism of War Memorial on the Law

Today I have expressed my disgust that the War Memorial on the Law has been vandalised. On Monday evening I was at the top of the Law and noticed that there was graffiti on the memorial. I have contacted the council's rapid response graffiti removal team and been told that the offending graffiti will be removed as soon as possible.  Subsequently, I've been informed that the graffiti has been removed.  I have also contacted the police about this and hope that they might be able to catch those responsible.



I was appalled to see graffiti on the war memorial on the Law. It is a disgrace that such an important monument in the city has been defaced in this manner. The sacrifice of those Dundonians who gave their lives for their country should be remembered and should not be subject to such actions. I am glad that the council's graffiti removal team will be dealing with this promptly but I also hope that the police might be able to take appropriate action against the vandal who did this.

I hope that anyone with information about this would contact Tayside Police on 0300 111 2222, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.