Action Required - Car Park St Joseph's School


The picture shows the craters at the entrance to the car park

Just before the schools return, tomorrow for primary pupils, I have called for action to ensure safe parking at St Joseph's Primary School. The car park in Wilkie's Lane is in a terrible state of repair and many parents have told me that they will not use the car park as they are worried about damage to their cars.  I have  raised this matter with the Education Department on a number of occasions and while I recognise that the school will move to new premises in October road safety is crucial on every school day.



I have raised the state of the car park at St Joseph's with the Education Department on a number of occasions, I am concerned that if the car park at Wilkie's Lane is not in good condition then more and more people will drop off on Bellfield Road. A lot of good work has gone in to promoting road safety near schools across the city including St Joseph's and I am concerned that much of this good work will be lost by the effective loss of the school's car park.



I have written to the Director of Education and I hope that he will understand that action needs to be taken to deal with the craters at the car park at St Joseph's.