Visit to Dundee Airport

This morning I had a very productive meeting with Derrick Lang, the Manager of Dundee Airport.  It was good to meet up with him and hear about what is going on at the airport.  From time to time I get complaints from local people about problems with the airport usually things to do with noise.  As a local resident I am aware that from time to time there can be noise issues with the operation of the airport.  I raise these complaints with the airport and usually we manage to come to an understanding of what has gone wrong.  If any local residents have concerns please get in touch with me and I will raise them with the airport.

It was good to hear about plans for the airport and how it can be developed for the benefit of everyone in Dundee.  The changes in Dundee with the V & A could make the airport even more important.  I want Dundee to be well connected, with excellent transport links by rail, by bus, by sea, by road and indeed by air. It is also important that our transport policy also takes on board the need to protect the environment.