Gamesa Jobs Blow

I was disappointed to hear that Gamesa has decided not to locate jobs in Dundee. It is important that every effort is made to bring jobs to the city. Like my colleagues I want to do all I can to ensure that jobs are brought to our city. We need to ensure that all agencies are working together to put the best case for the city and deliver jobs. I know that the Labour Group on the council is prepared to work with all sorts of partners to make every effort to bring jobs to the city.

I think that the BBC's Douglas Fraser has a very interesting take on this. I do think that Forth Ports need to put in a bit more effort to attract jobs to Dundee. Dundee has a great deal to offer and I think that all of us with the city's best interests at heart must work together to deliver jobs and investment opportunities in our city.

Jobs must be the top priority for all of Dundee's politicians.