Christmas Lights and Blackness Primary School Christmas Fayre






The end of last week saw some great Christmas events. On Thursday evening was the Christmas concert and the switch on of the Christmas Lights at Seabraes. It was great to see and hear pupils from Ancrum Road, Blackness, Park Place and St Joseph's Primaries take part in the concert. I have to declare an interest as a proud parent that my daughter was in the St Joseph's choir. It was great to hear pupils from Harris Academy also performing, and see dancers from the Russian School. I was delighted to hear the excellent Sheena Wellington singing as well. Sheena switched the Christmas Lights on. The very poor quality video shows the lights being switched on.






On Friday evening I was pleased to be present when some young people from West End schools switched on the Christmas lights at the Westport. This is a great part of the West End with some really good individual shops that need to be supported in these days of corporate takeovers of our High Streets. The picture shows the tree at the Westport after the lights were switched on.


On Saturday I was able to get along to the packed Christmas Fayre at Blackness Primary School. This was a really good event and demonstrated the excellent work done in the school by the teachers but more especially by the pupils I bought some homemade Christmas decorations which will enhance my tree this year. I was also delighted to buy a copy of the Parlour Cafe Cookbook which was being sold on Saturday in aid of school funds. The Parlour Cafe is in the Westport and is exactly the sort of place I was talking about before. I was delighted to hear about the work of a new publishing company based in the West End which will be publishing more on food in the future, I'd like to wish the Kitchen Press all the best.


Well done to everyone involved in Blackness Primary's Christmas Fayre, I hope that it made a lot of money. West End Christmas week was a great success this year and I would like to thank everyone involved in making it happen this year.