Still Concerned about bus services to St John's High School

Tonight I attended a meeting of parents with children at St John's High School who are concerned about changes to the bus service between the West End and St John's. I was pleased to join my ward colleagues, Donald Hay and Fraser Macpherson, in attending this meeting of parents. It was important to listen to what parents had to say and to listen to the problems which they are facing in getting their children to and from St John's High School. These parents and pupils live in the catchment area for St John's they should be provided with the same assistance to get to school as other pupils in similar situations are. For example, there are school buses provided to St Paul's Academy in a very similar situation.


I know that the parents will make their views heard and I hope that the council will listen to their concerns. I will continue to make the case to education and city development departments.