Save the Children - No Child Born to Die


On Mother's Day I am supporting Save the Children's 'No Child Born to Die' campaign. This campaign looks to support children in the most deprived communities in the UK, as well as children and mothers in the developing world. In 2011, 8 million children will die of preventable causes before they reach their fifth birthday. I know that children and their mothers need vaccines, medicines and access to doctors, nurses and midwives to survive. I believe no child is born to die. That’s why I pledge my support for every woman and child, no matter where they are in the world, to get the proper healthcare they need. This September at the United Nations, world leaders could make a real difference towards saving children’s lives. I back this campaign, to call for 3.5 million health workers.