Reward Councils for Creating Jobs

I welcome moves by the Scottish Labour Party to reward councils for creating jobs. Labour will allow local authorities to keep a fairer share of the revenue raised from business rates through higher growth. When I am going round Dundee City West time after time people are raising concerns about jobs with me. Jobs are my top priority. I am pleased that the Labour Party understands this. Cities like Dundee drive economic growth and create jobs throughout the whole region. The best way to protect local services is to raise revenue by improving the performance of the local economy. I think that it is important to make economic development a statutory requirement for local authorities. As a councillor I am clear that the SNP-led Administration of Dundee City Council could do more to promote jobs. I will campaign tirelessly for jobs for Dundee.