Delighted at recognition for McManus Project


I was the Convener of Leisure, Arts and Communities on Dundee City Council as the McManus refurbishment project came to fruition, today I welcome the recognition of the success of the project from Glasgow Caledonian University.


I am very proud of the work that was done on the McManus project when I was the Convener of Leisure, Arts and Communities. A lot of dedicated people who worked for the council and its contractors did a great amount of work to ensure that this project was successfully completed. The McManus is Dundee's most popular building. It is excellent that Glasgow Caledonian University's Moffat Centre has recognised the 'success story' of the McManus refurbishment. Preserving the history of our city is crucial and presenting the best in art and culture to the people of Dundee and to visitors is really important.


I believe that the refurbishment of the McManus Galleries was hugely important and provides an ideal starting point to bring the V&A at Dundee project to fruition. I look forward to playing my part in making this project a reality.