Meeting at St Peter's Free Church


This morning, along with my ward colleague Fraser Macpherson, I had a meeting at St Peter's Free Church. It was an opportunity to discuss ways in which the City Council and others could offer support for ensuring community use of the halls and church building at St Peter's. The congregation at St Peter's has done a great job in refurbishing this historic building. I am also really impressed with the way that the minister, David Robertson, and the congregation want to reach out to local community in the West End.


I am happy to work with my ward colleagues and others to do what we can to maximise the use of this excellent facility. I also think that the council, the local tourist board and others should look at ways in which we can promote the historic legacy of Rev Robert Murray McCheyne who was the minister at this church at the time of his early death in 1843.