Jim Robertson RIP

I was saddened to hear of the death of my friend Jim Robertson known to generations of Dundee University Law students as 'JJ'. Jim had a remarkable knowledge of history, and was particularly interested in the pre-Reformation history of the church in Scotland and in the Roman history of Scotland. Jim was also very active in the Friends of Dundee City Archives. I had many interesting conversations with him on obscure points of history, well the conversations were interesting to us anyway! I also went on a few historical outings with Jim to such places as the Border Abbeys, Dunkeld Cathedral and Glasgow Cathedral, he was the best guide I have ever listened to.

I shall miss him, but think of him the next time I visit some historical site in Scotland. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Anne and his family at this sad time.