Dundee FC


Like many other people I have been saddened by the plight of Dundee FC who are now in Administration. I am not a supporter of Dundee FC but this is an important issue for the whole city. I support more of a role for the fans in the running of the club. The prevalent model with a rich owner has been shown time and again not to be a panacea. It does not provide guaranteed success either on or off the park. I wish the supporters' trust Dee 4 Life all the best in trying to save their club. Their views after meeting with the Administrator can be found here. Supporters Direct exists to promote fan ownership of football clubs, this works in many clubs in Germany and is good enough for FC Barcelona - surely it is good enough for Scottish clubs. Owners of football clubs are letting down the supporters in the same way as bankers let down the whole of society, there is a need to look at different models. I support the co-operaitve fan ownership model.