Harris Academy Refurbishment


The ongoing struggle to refurbish Harris Academy took a small step forward at the Education Committee on Monday evening. This report sets out the work that needs to be done to satisfy Historic Scotland before work can continue.


I want to see Harris Academy refurbished as soon as possible. I want the work to go quicker than is suggested in the report but I understand that it requires to be done correctly. I would want an assurance that the planning work will be concluded as quickly as possible and that every effort is made to start and more importantly finish these works sooner rather than later. There was considerable disappointment when the delay was announced prior to the summer and I hope that everyone associated with Harris Academy will soon be able to see tangible progress.