Concerns over rail services to Dundee


I have expressed my views about the need to upgrade Dundee Railway Station. As well as upgrading the station I think the other side of that equation is to have the best rail services possible. This is why I am very concerned about reports that the Con Lib Dem UK Government is considering proposals which would stop train to and from England travelling north of Edinburgh which would cause Dundee passengers to have to change trains. I support my colleague Jim McGovern who has written to the UK Government demanding that this does not happen. These proposals would be bad for Dundee and bad for Scotland. I am glad that this morning's Courier reports that many other people agree with Jim and me.
The picture shows Jim McGovern MP and me campaigning for an upgrade to the railway station.