City Council to make views known on Games Industry

Dundee City Council is to make a submission to the House of Commons Scottish Affairs Select Committee inquiry into the Games Industry. This comes in response to my request, I am pleased that Chief Executive, David Dorward, has agreed to my request and I hope that the council will be able to speak with one voice on this important issue.


I am really pleased that a report will be brought before the council allowing us to submit evidence to the Scottish Affairs Select Committee inquiry into the Games Industry. The Games Industry has the potential to become a major part of Dundee's future, and the University of Abertay Dundee is a key player in this important industry. The council needs to do all that it can to protect jobs and encourage new jobs and this is even more important in these difficult economic times. I look forward to the council receiving a report on this important industry. I hope that the council will speak with one voice and highlight how important this industry is and will make our views clear on the need for a tax break for the Games Industry.


Jobs have to be our priority and we must do all we can to promote industry in Dundee.