West End Graffiti Removal


On Saturday along with many members of the local community and some of the other West End councillors I took part in West End Graffiti Removal. The photograph shows some of the group (I'm on the left) prior to painting at the former Homebase site.
I was delighted to take part in this event which demonstrated that the community is concerned about their area. We made a small contribution to cleaning up the area.
I think that we should have a zero tolerance approach to graffiti and that the City Council, the police and the other relevant bodies should work together to deal strongly with the menace of graffiti. I will be speaking to council officers to see if we can implement such a policy.
I would also pay tribute to those who took part in these efforts over the past couple of days. I particularly welcome the contribution of the council officers who made the event possible.