Welcome for funding for woods at Ninewells Hospital


I welcome the news that a grant of £39,000 has been allocated to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee to allow for the development paths into the woods in the Ninewells grounds, planting of new trees, erection of signage, creating nature walks and installing benches. The Ninewells campus is within the boundaries of the West End ward.

I welcome this funding which I am sure will be put to good use. I think that good facilities can be delivered for patients and staff and also for visitors to the hospital. Ninewells makes a huge contribution to Dundee and beyond in delivering the very best in health services, I know that in its own way this investment in the surrounding environment can also promote health and well-being. I am pleased that this facility will also be open to visitors. This is Ninewells giving something back to the local community and I hope that it is enjoyed by local people.

Local people will be pleased that this gives the opportunity to improve the local environment as often Ninewells causes problems to the local environment with staff and visitors parking in the surrounding streets. This investment is welcome but I still remain concerned about proposals to cut staff in NHS Tayside, every effort should be made to protect frontline services.