Friends of the Co-operative Ideal



This evening I attended the Scottish launch of the Friends of the Co-operative Ideal. This was a very interesting meeting and Labour leader Iain Gray made an excellent speech. The Friends of the Co-operative Ideal is supported by the Co-operative Party and its policy is set out in the four statements below
  • I believe that the values of social justice, co-operation and mutuality have a crucial role to play in the future of the UK and the World.
  • I support the efforts of those who seek success through co-operative endeavour and the creation of a just society through power being evenly spread throughout society.
  • I believe that we can best achieve a just society through the co-operation of the Co-operative Party and the Labour Party.
  • To this end I will work with the Co-operative Party to pursue mutual solutions to the challenges that our society faces.

I believe that the current troubles in the economy mean that we should be promoting many more co-operative and mutual solutions.

I was pleased to get the chance to discuss co-operatives and many of the issues which face the people of the West End with Labour leader Iain Gray MSP.