Visit to the Brittle Bone Society


Today I visited the headquarters of the Brittle Bone Society, which is located within his West End ward. I heard about the work of the society and about the latest developments in this field.

I was very pleased to visit the Brittle Bone Society Headquarters today. I think that Dundee should be proud to have the headquarters of a national charity based here. I heard about the latest work of the society and the issues which it faces over the next few years. The Brittle Bone Society provides support for people who suffer from terrible debilitating diseases, it also shows that people with this disease can achieve many things.

The Brittle Bone Society can give help and advice on benefits, mobility, education, equipment, medical issues including genetics, and other issues associated with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), the technical name for Brittle Bones.

I was really pleased to hear about a lot of good work which is going on across the country but which is based in Dundee. I would like to wish the Brittle Bone Society all the very best for the future. As a local councillor I think that it is important to hear about what is going on in the ward, I am always happy to hear from organisations who would like to show me their work.